Legal Education for Women


Women Lawyers' Club

Women Lawyers' Journal
first published in May, 1911

Although the editorial offices for this newspaper were located in New York City, the paper included news pertinent to women lawyers throughout the United States, plus news on women in law from Canadian provinces, Great Britain and Europe.

Articles also tracked the progress of women's suffrage, state by state. Advertisements announced New York University's Law Lectures for Women as well as the beginning of classes at New York University Law School, co-educational since 1890.

Lent by the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.

 

Previous Exhibit 

  Up to Room Level